UIS is a leader in NETA Services
As a full member of the International Electrical Testing Association (NETA), UIS provides a wide array of services for our customers. Our testing methods are performed according to NETA and American National Standards Institute (ANSI). All testing equipment is calibrated and traceable to National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
UIS is highly rated by our clients for several reasons:
- The largest team of certified NETA Technicians in the MI/OH area.
- More than 50% are NETA III or higher
- More than 20% are Master Electricians
- Have an average of over 22 years of electrical experience
- UIS spends an average 5% of sales on training and new equipment
- They only hire experienced technicians
- UIS is an SEL Protection and Communication Expert able to service and program all SEL products
- Supported by a team of SCADA Engineers and Technicians and Professional Electrical Engineers.
- More than 40 years doing electrical maintenance
Short history of International Electrical Testing Association (NETA)
In 1970s, it was recognized that the rapid growth of increasingly complex electrical systems demanded oversight to promote safety, system reliability, and quality testing. In 1972, Organizations came together to create NETA as well as the first standard, Acceptance Testing Specifications for Electrical Power Equipment and Systems. In 1975, the NETA Electrical Testing Technician Certification was established. Today, NETA has grown beyond the United States, its standard has become ANSI Accredited, and is the gold standard for all firms that perform Electrical Maintenance Programs.
Check out the NETA website for more information about what it means to be a member of NETA at