Substation and Switchgear Electrical Testing
When it comes to substation and switchgear electrical testing and maintenance Utilities Instrumentation Service has all your needs covered. We have experienced NETA-certified technicians on hand ready to service your equipment and facility needs.
Acceptance Testing ensures the proper operation of the newly installed electrical apparatus prior to its being energized. Acceptance testing also provides baseline measurements that are very important for future comparison.
Maintenance Testing determines whether the existing electrical apparatus is able to provide continued suitable operation. A safe and reliable system is ensured with regularly maintained equipment. Potential problems can be identified before requiring expensive solutions and causing downtime or injury.
Upgrades are available to provide automatic transfer to the generator, or secondary feed on double ended substations or switchgear. This can also include upgrades of relay systems, breakers, transformers, grounding systems, and other apparatus.
As a full member of the InterNational Electrical Testing Association (NETA), UIS can provide a wide array of services for our customers. Our testing methods are performed according to NETA and American National Standards Institute (ANSI). All testing equipment is calibrated and traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
Testing & upgrades of:
- Protective Relays – E/M, Solid State/Microprocessor Based
- Transformers – Dry, Oil, & LTC
- Breakers – SF6, Vacuum, Oil, & Air
- Instrument Transformers – Current & Voltage
- Meters – WHM, AMP, & VOLT
- Generator Controls – ATS & MTS
- UPS/Battery Systems
- Cable Testing – Hi Pot, VLF, & Tan Delta & Cable Fault Locating
- Ground Rod, Mat, & Touch Potential
- Capacitor Banks & Reactors
- Low Voltage Breakers – Air Power, Insulated Case & MCCB
- Motor Control Centers, VFDs & Motor Starters
- Oil sampling
- Transformer turns ratio
- Power factor
- Insulation resistance
- Protective relay calibration
- High potential (HIPOT)
- Infrared scanning
- And more…